Privacy and Confidentiality Statement
Jenny’s Place Incorporated is committed to protecting your privacy and any personal and/or sensitive information that you give us to help us provide a high quality service.
We strictly adhere to the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and its amendments.
Information considered personal and sensitive may include:
- Your personal details: Name, address, contact details, children’s personal information
- Information related to your situation: History of domestic violence/homelessness, legal, medical, child protection etc.
- Documentation: Case notes, referral documentation, legal documents etc.
Disclosure of Information
Personal and sensitive information you provide will not be disclosed or shared with anyone without your prior verbal and/or written consent. There may be circumstances when personal and sensitive information will be disclosed, such as:
- When there is a duty of care to protect a client’s safety, including children, and related persons. (Staff are mandatory reporters and must notify the relevant authorities when children are being harmed, have been abused and/or are at risk of harm.)
- If required by law, when documents are subpoenaed for legal purposes by courts, the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS), legal firms representing clients, etc.
- General statistical information and data is collected and used in service reports, research and to apply for grants/funding, etc. However, private client details are not disclosed.
Collection and Storage of Information
Information collected is securely and accurately recorded. Information is confidential and necessary precautions are taken to keep it safe and secure. Information is stored in case files and on client databases. All paper files are stored in secured locked cabinets. Databases are secure and are firewall protected and security coded. All facilities have security measures in place.
Jenny’s Place Incorporated Services will attempt to ensure that sensitive and/or personal information is accurate and up to date. However, you are responsible for informing us of any changes to your personal details or circumstances.
Information requested from you can be provided verbally and/or in writing. We require proof of identity and require you to sign a consent form. We will also require a written consent form to release information to your legal representative or other services, if required.
If you are concerned about the privacy of your personal and/or sensitive information, please put your complaint in writing and send it to:
Jenny’s Place Inc.
PO Box 2055, Dangar, NSW 2309.
Complaints will be dealt with in accordance with Jenny’s Place complaints policy.